- Reference to website means www.valuationtribunal.ie.
- Reference to “data” means all personal information that you submit to the Tribunal.
- Personal information is any information that we could use to identify a person. It does not include personal information that is encoded, anonymized or publicly available.
- The Tribunal is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of parties who appeal to the Tribunal. To do that, we have set up procedures to ensure that your personal data is handled responsibly and in accordance with data protection legislation.
- This Policy explains why the Tribunal collects personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how your personal information is kept secure.
Who we are
- The Tribunal is a statutory body established to hear appeals from the Commissioner of Valuation determining the rateable valuation of commercial and industrial properties. The Tribunal also hears appeals from decisions made by planning authorities determining the market value of vacant sites and appeals from decisions made by local authorities determining the value of derelict sites.
How we collect information from you
- The Tribunal collects information when you submit a completed notice of appeal and written statements or reports about your property including details such as the rent or the terms of your tenancy or lease agreement in support of your appeal or in response to requests for additional information.
The type of personal information we collect from you
- The personal information we collect includes your name, your contact details including your property address, post code, email address, agent’s name and address, rental information, the details of certain terms in your tenancy or lease agreement and any other personal information that you provide to use in support of your appeal. We only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary to contact you and to process your appeal.
How we use your information
- The Tribunal uses your personal information to
- process your appeal and any other legitimate purpose connected to your appeal, and
- carry out our statutory remit to hear and/or determine your appeal.
Who we share your personal information with
- In the course of dealing with your appeal the Tribunal will need to share your personal information with the occupier of the property to which the appeal relates (if that is not you) the rating authority in whose area that property is situated and the Commissioner of Valuation and any other party who appears to the Tribunal will be directly affected by the decision it makes on the appeal
How long is our data retention period
- Your personal information will be kept by us for a period of three months after the determination of the Tribunal has been issued. Your personal information may be kept for a longer period if the Tribunal’s decision is appealed to the High Court or if the Tribunal’s decision is challenged in legal proceedings.
How you can access your personal information
- You have the right to request details of the personal information which we hold about you. We will furnish the relevant data to you within one month of your request.
Right of Rectification or Erasure
- You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if we hold inaccurate data or deleted if we do not have legitimate reason for retaining it. Should you wish to apply to correct or delete data you can do so on request in writing to: The Registrar, Valuation Tribunal, Third Floor Holbrook House, Holles Street, Dublin 2 or by email: email@example.com.Your personal data will be rectified or erased within one month provided there is reasonable evidence in support of the need for rectification or erasure.
Right of Portability of Data
- You are entitled to obtain your data from us and have it transferred to another organisation. Should you wish to apply to have your data transferred to another organisation you can do so on request in writing to: The Registrar, Valuation Tribunal, Third Floor Holbrook House, Holles Street, Dublin 2 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.When a valid request is received your personal data will be transferred to another organisation within one month.